Promote your event
Promoting your event and getting people interested in attending it is just as important as organising it.
There are many ways to spread the word about your event:
- Hang up College Awareness Week posters and banners
- Upload details to www.collegeaware.ie
- Customise the press release and circulate to your local media outlets –radio, newspapers, magazines, websites.
- Share your activity on your school’s or company’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter accounts. Please use the hashtag #CAW21 so we can track the posts.
- Most importantly…follow the College Awareness Week social media channels to keep up to date with event information, news and photos.
Getting Media Coverage for your Event
Once you have firmed up the details, date and venue for your activity, it is a good time to contact the local radio, newspapers, community websites etc to inform them about your event. Click here for our sample press release
What resources and merchandise are available?
We can provide you with some resources to help you plan, organise and promote your event effectively. These include banners, posters and certificates.
Visit the ‘Events Resources’ section for some useful downloads. Your use of branded materials will ensure that your event is recognised as an official part of College Awareness Week.