- This event has passed.
Le Cheile secondary school Tyrellstown, hosts fantastic week long events ‘CAW Itinerary’
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until 27 November 2020
Senior cycle students
• Different colleges visiting to conduct lunchtime talks each day of CAW
NUI Maynooth (Monday)
Dunboyne College (Friday afternoon & a separate talk for LCA students)
1st year students
• College bingo sheet for students to fill in digitally. -Will be sent to tutors. Prizes for first few students back with a completed Bingo sheet will be awarded at assembly on Friday.
• Fun facts on a college will be read out each morning by students
• College Interview prep Drop in Clinics will run on select lunchtimes in the week where students can ‘drop in’ and will be helped prepare for interviews for college/portfolio interviews/auditions etc
• Posters will be hung up on every staff members door so they can input what kind of courses link to their subject area
• Students are invited to post a rap/dance/song about anything college/education related on schoology. Strong entries will also be published across social media.
• CAW poems will be displayed on the wall outside lower South 1 classroom. All students will be encouraged to share their poetry.
• A signpost display will be created to show the distance from Le Cheile School to some of our colleges/universities
• CAW Connections in association with Trinity Access will be delivering a webinar for all students to tune into at a time that suits them during the week. The link will be shared with all staff and they will be encouraged to show the webinar at some stage during the week.
• 6TH Year Past Pupils Q and A will take place on Monday via Zoom with a cohort of 6th years. The session will be recorded and a link will be sent to other staff so they can show the video during the week also (LCVP teachers will be strongly encouraged to show the session).
• Community mentoring sessions will be facilitated for TY students on Tuesday of CAW
• Ty students will create a TikTok dance related to CAW and this will be published across social media -Tuesday afternoon
Sixth year students & mentors
• Period for mentoring on Friday (school to finish for all other students 20 mins early) for mentors to meet with their sixth year mentees (ALL MENTORS)
• Drop in CAO Clinic will run at Friday breaktime in Lower south 1 for any student who has any qs regarding the CAO/any student who wishes to register their CAO application.
Tutor Time activity (Thursday)
-‘Teacher Tweet’: In 280 characters or less, tutors/teachers and their tutor group are encouraged to display a tweet about anything related to college/further ed. It could be a motivation tweet to encourage other students to go to college, a fun fact about a college/course, details on their dream job, what they want to do after school (ANYTHING REALLY!)The idea is to flood schoology with college-related/work related/educational tweets! (ALL)