Volunteer for a school visit during College Awareness Week
CAW offers an ideal opportunity to meet the demand from teachers and students to find out more about going to college, further education and training through a school visit.
As a current college student or college graduate, FE student/past pupil or apprentice, you have a vast amount of personal experience and knowledge. Visiting your former primary or secondary school, or local community group to share your wisdom and personal experience could make a big difference to the futures of those you meet.
Organisations who send volunteers to schools benefit from enhanced credibility in the community, a structured framework for corporate social responsibility, and a personal development opportunity for your staff.
Here are some steps to take if you are interested in visiting your former primary or secondary school:
- Contact the school principal about your interest in visiting the school as part of College Awareness Week.
- Be clear about the time and date that would suit you and the age and number of students you would like to meet.
- What’s the key information you would like to share with the students? You can use our Community Mentoring resources to help.
- You could also use one of the CAW worksheets during your visit to help structure your meeting with the students.
- Upload details about your school visit to our events page